Lord Miros and other animals

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Return of the king

Well, it's over. I was only in Vegas a week but it felt like an eternity. I don't think I've ever had so many highs and lows in such a short space of time. Mainly lows, it must be said. I don't want to talk about the main event too much as there isn't much to be said. In short, I played like a god on day one, took a vicious beat, and wanked my chips away on day two in 20 minutes flat. That's about it.

Even though Vegas was generally depressing, I did achieve what I set out to do. I survived day one, albeit in vain, and I knocked someone out. In fact I knocked three people out. Eerily reminscent of my rabbit-shooting post.

I won't tell you about it now, because I suspect nobody cares, which is fair enough. Anyway, my Vegas experience this year didn't really revolve around the WSOP. Most of the depression that I felt had nothing to do with how badly I played on day two, and more to do with how soulless the series felt, and how much I was missing Alice, and my own loneliness in general. I noticed this year just how dependent I've become on other people's company, and while I think this is probably a good thing (as it stops me being such a cunt), it's definitely not a good thing in the Rio where you can't find a friendly face when you need one. I went the whole trip without seeing either Neil Channing or Richard Gryko, two of my closest friends, and frankly it pissed me off. Hopefully Caesar's Palace next year will prove a more sociable atmosphere.

Incidentally, there's a particularly unflattering picture of me at http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2005/07/your-reputation-precedes-you-miros.html , and a rather better one at http://acehighwins.blogspot.com/2005/07/jos-ones-to-watch-in-wsop.html

I think I need to lose at least two chins by the wedding. Or at least try to look rather less smug (it comes naturally). I wouldn't blame Alice for calling the whole thing off on the back of that.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Andy_Ward said...

"The other problem for anyone who wants some of Miros is that he's one hell of a player. This is the third year in succession he's qualified for the WSOP on PokerStars, and as a professional gambler, he's not going to give chips away that easily to anyone."

Fuck me, how much did you pay this guy ??

Andy.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Lord Miros said...

Nothing, just a quick hand job in the disabled toilets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home