Lord Miros and other animals

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pastures new

I'm nearly in heaven. I'm not there yet, but it's damn close. On Friday Lady Miros and I left the bog end of nowhere for good, in exchange for a variable mortgage and a terraced starter home in the Elysian fields of Wokingham. Wokingham is one funky place. Anywhere with a sprint handicap named after it is my kind of town.

The real joy of Wokingham is that I can now get broadband, Sky, delivery pizza and Racing Post, plus there are at least 10 very reasonable pubs within walking distance. A long summer of horseracing, baseball and inebriation await. Hopefully the blog may even be updated more often as well. Then again, perhaps not. I am, after all, phenomenally lazy. Perhaps you people should find something more productive to be getting on with. Do none of you fuckers ever work?

Next week I'm off to the Dordogne to gorge myself on foie gras and vino. The life of me. I think I deserve a holiday, it's been a tough few weeks for me. I even had to get up at 9.30 the other day to accommodate the Sky Guy. If I have to do that again I may well have an aneurism.

Incidentally, if anyone can think of any interesting options for my stag do, let me know. The problem with having no mates is that I had to choose as my best man the only sicko in the world even lazier than me. As such, he's struggling to come up with something fun which will also entertain a disparate bad of gamblers, university friends (mostly homosexual) and general drifters. Ideally, there should be very little gambling involved. Or homosexuality, for that matter. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

8 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go carts followed by strippers and booze. Usually does the trick.

Dom

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lord Miros said...

No strippers. But definitely go karts.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said...

No, you should go for it. Run a book on who's gay.

Finally I'll be favourite for something.

Andy.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Fred Titmus said...

Leave it all to Zonergem.

By the time he gets round to organising it, you'll be celebrating your Ruby Wedding.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preparations are well advanced.

I'm bringing over Spillane as Tormentor-In-Chief.

There will be no gambling and strictly limited amounts of rough, tough and gruff manlove.

Get it ready.

Zonergem

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will be no man-love on my watch! A blueprint should be the vegas sports day, karting, bowling, pool, punting, big meal in evening then im sure i can assist Zone in finding some things to do in the evening ;-)
Lionel

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said...

It's only just occurred to me to ask how did you two sickos get a mortgage ??

Andy.

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why on earth would you not want to gamble on your stag do? You really are a sicko.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home