Lord Miros and other animals

Friday, April 29, 2005

Ei ei

The snooker World Championships have been occupying my attentions all week, not from a betting perspective but as a form of mindless relaxation. There's something strangely hypnotic about watching two grown men poke balls around with sticks. Especially with a Guinness or three on hand, marvellous.

Yesterday I posted the latest addition to my inglorious tipping career, under the title 'Free Money', telling you all to back Shaun Murphy on both the outright and handicap markets against perpetual snail Peter Ebdon. You can imagine what happened next. Peter Ebdon started playing the snooker of his life, and I felt like a cunt. So I deleted it.

Happily, yer man Murphy has won today's morning session 7-1, which puts him firmly in the driver's seat. Thank fuck for that.

Meanwhile, Ian McCulloch is busy putting Matthew Stevens to bed in the other semi-final. I'm doing some serious funking here as I've had all of £18 on McCulloch at 50-1. This game's too easy!

On another topic, I hope some of my loyal readers - Andy Ward, Camel, etc. - are going to get stuck in to this evening's 250 at Luton. I hate having to buy my own drinks. I've probably played some of the worst hold'em of my life recently so I may even not win it. However, I am bringing Lady Miros, so you'll still have to settle for second. Soz.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Can you believe it never even crossed my mind to play it. This work business is getting out of hand.

Andy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home