Lord Miros and other animals

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Runner runner

Today I actually found myself running into the house. It's not exactly a marathon - from the car to the front door is all of about 20 yards - but the fact that I was unconsciously sprinting says good things about the state of my mental health. I only run when I'm really on top of the world.

For the last hour or so I've been in a state of near-euphoria. It's a combination of factors - the 1st Guinness of the day is always a catalyst, plus a helping of soluble Anadin Extra. If there's one thing I can't live without, it's paracetamol. Even the thought of my liver slowly dissolving isn't enough to bring me down.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Today's wage-earner may or may not be the 5.10 at Lingfield - a 13-runner 10f handicap. YUM YUM. What's more, 12 of the 13 actually have realistic place prospects; it doesn't get any better than that.

The only problem with being on such an up is that I start to take too many chances. I've actually laid 3 horses in the win and place markets today - Super Dominion, Raheel and State of Balance - almost unthinkable for me. If they come in 1-2-3 I don't think I'll feel quite so good about myself. Wish me luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home