Lord Miros and other animals

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

I detest forums. I have nothing but contempt for them. Not surprisingly the vast majority of my friends are of exactly the same opinion. Forums do nothing other than demonstrate the astonishing stupidity / pomposity / general cuntishness of everyone pathetic enough to post on them. Every time I post something myself (out of boredom, inevitably), I suddenly feel very dirty. I feel like I've just been raped.

Unless of course I manage to wind up the collection of pricks who inhabit the Gutshot Forum, a source of constant amusement to me. All I have to do is say something even vaguely controversial and they start squealing like stuck pigs. If only I actually cared about any of it I could spend all day annoying them, and calling them cunts, and having my posts deleted. There'd be some satisfaction in that. As it is I mostly leave them to demonstrate their own twattishness themselves. They're doing a pretty good job of it.

Best Mate's demise at Exeter yesterday led to a ridiculous outpouring of hysterical grief across the Betfair Forum. It's easy to forget how daft people are, especially when it comes to animals. He was only a horse, for God's sake! A small part of me grieves for him, but no more for him than for any other unfortunate nag that spills its guts on the racecourse. We're all going to die you know!

One irate viewer even rang up AttheRaces yesterday, consumed with rage over the fact that they - shock horror - were STILL going to show the rest of the afternoon's action despite the appalling tragedy in the previous race. I nearly shat myself when I heard that one. Does someone seriously think the world should stop just because some poxy racehorse had a heart attack? Is he off his nut? Bloody selfish of him to even suggest it. Some of us still had to get out of it.

A friend of mine had a good wheeze on the BF forum this morning. Finding himself at a loose end due to Betfair crashing for a while earlier on, he composed a great post, which he duly put up as soon as Betfair was fixed:


Title: Feeling absolutely empty and sad this morning

Just felt like there was very little point to today's racing. Just hard to get motivated at all.


Luckily the site is back up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home